Sunday, September 14, 2014

Apples!

We went to visit our dear friend, Brother Lynn, and came home with a bag of apples! They are golden delicious and boy are they ever! So we made applesauce. I just used our handy dandy peeler, slicer, corer, put them in a pot with a splash of lemon juice, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. I covered and simmered them for a few hours, then smashed them with a potatoe masher. Delicious! 
And Brother Lynn made me promise to make apple cinnamon pancakes. We made them late Saturday night, put them on a cookie sheet, covered them with plastic, and put them in the fridge. Then Sunday morning I scrambled some eggs, and reheated the sheet of pancakes in the oven for 10ish minutes. It was perfect! Saved lots of time and cleanup, plus I got to sit and eat with my family. Usually I am standing at the counter flipping pancakes. Success! I'll do it that way again. And of course, homemade syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment