Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cranberry Bundt cake

This cake is one of my absolute favorites. And I only make it once a year, because you can only buy fresh cranberries at the store for a few select weeks each year. Did u know that? Right before Thanksgiving through part of December. Then they're gone. For 11 more months. So I savor this cake every time I make it. It's a dense pound cake, with tart spots of fresh cranberries. Not too sweet. Alone it's just "muhh". But, you don't eat it alone.....
This is the sauce you drizzle on top, in lieu of frosting. But it's a million times better than frosting. 4 ingredients: butter, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. I use the word "drizzle" very loosely. It's really more like I bathe the cake in the sauce. There is something about the tart cranberries mixed with the sweet, buttery, creamy sauce, that turns to magic. Trust me. Call me for the recipe :) But hurry- we only have one week left to buy cranberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment