Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MENU March 30 - April 5, 2014


I've found that i have to cook the noodles for the chicken noodle soup separately. Then I add them to the soup and it's much better that way.

We love the stir fry sauce from Trader Joe's. But, if we're being honest, my kids hate stir fry.

Cranberry scones are the British kind, not Mormon deep fried dough.  :)

Jonathan wanted homemade pasta for his birthday dinner. Yikes! It's a time sucker. I must really love him. Here's the evidence:




The kids had pizza with the babysitter and Jonathan and I went to dinner with my parents and aunt and uncle (Amy and Bruce). We went to Thyme & Seasons in North Salt Lake, on Orchard. It was awesome! There isn't a menu, so Chef Hai comes and discusses with each person what they want to eat. He asks you a bunch of questions, then decides what to go with. I had seafood skewers with an amazing cheesy rice pilaf. Jonathan had a FRESH chicken stir fry. And LOTS of it! We were all very happy and went for Nielsen's after. Not like we needed the custard, but there's always room for it.

Saturday was the start of LDS General Conference (lds.org) weekend! We've had a turkey in our freezer since January because Jonathan got one from work for Christmas. So we decided to cook all day and have Thanksgiving! It was the best yet! The key really is to use a meat thermometer and take it out when it reaches 165 degrees at the thickest part. We also had cranberry sauce (a must), mashed potatoes and gravy, and homemade stuffing. Homemade stuffing is one of my favorite recipes that my mother in law has given me. And we obviously had tons of leftover turkey, so next weeks menu shouldn't be hard to figure out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment