Sunday, June 19, 2016

Chocolate Salted Caramel Layer Cake


This was a super rich dessert. Tons of butter and sugar. So you can imagine that we all devoured it :) With a glass of milk. 


I just made a round, chocolate box cake, per Jonathan's request. He prefers a light, non-dense cake, unlike me. I cut it in half horizontally. Then I added a salted caramel filling. Next time I will make that layer a bit thinner, because it was super rich. I topped off the cake and frosted it with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Awesome combination. We will make this again. 


Salted Caramel Filling:

1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
Pinch of course salt

Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar. Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk and stir/heat till boiling. Remove from heat and cool. When cool, slowly beat in powdered sugar. Incorporate salt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment