Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Delay

I had my last fill amount (60cc) removed from both expanders yesterday. I feel good about the decision. But, now my skin is stretched out and the expander shows through the skin, with ripples. If that even makes sense. So, we're hoping my skin will recover, tighten, and firm up again. Time will tell. I really wish I never got that last fill :( Wish I could go back. But here I am. Dr wants to wait 3 full months from now for pre op and surgery. So that delays things from the original August surgery date. The new date should be September 12. It can't come soon enough.

In the mean time, I started physical therapy today. Went about as expected. I'm sure the exercises/stretches I was given will help my chest/arm range of motion. And I really hope it helps my ankle. She used this metal tool to press back and forth into the tendon. It hurt so bad!!! Supposedly it helps promote healthy tissue development. Not looking forward to that next week. But I'm glad to get the ball rolling and discover if this is tendinitis, or if I'll need surgery. Let's hope for the first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment