Tuesday, August 23, 2016

New Stuff


I'm super frugal. Like, ultra cheap. I hate spending money and do so very reluctantly. For example, I use the empty sour cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese containers as Tupperware in the fridge. Because I don't want to spend money on actual Tupperware. Well, the other day, I was looking for a particular leftover in the fridge. I literally had to open 7+ containers before I found what I was looking for. It was annoying and ridiculous. I decided that it was time to get extravagant and buy some real storage containers. You know, the clear kind, where you can actually see what's in them. So, after debating in the aisle at Costco for much too long, I finally put this Rubbermaid set in my cart. It was like Christmas, washing and putting them in the cupboard! Plus, they all nest perfectly into each other, and the lids attach to the bottom of the stack! Brilliant! Yes, I did recycle the old containers. Now, when I need something in the fridge, I can see what I'm looking for without opening a bunch of stuff! And, I know that it's actually sour cream in the sour cream container. Imagine that! Whoever said money can't buy happiness never bought a new set of Rubbermaid containers! Pure joy, and I'm not being sarcastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment