Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Home!

I'm home! Yippee! It has been good to see my kids and not have nurses poking at me. I'm trying to keep my pain under control, but also being careful not to take too many meds. Pain meds, and their addictive nature, terrify me. My dr has me on dilaudid (I think that's what it's called). It's in the morphine family. And I'm also on round the clock ibuprofen for the next few weeks, for swelling and inflammation. I'm also dealing with nausea/loss of appetite and constipation. Anesthesia, mixed with my other meds, hasn't been very gentle on my system. And I'm trying to stay hydrated. We thought I had a UTI for a bit, but things have gotten better. I didn't want to add more antibiotics to my  mix of meds, so I'm relieved. They had me on continuous IV antibiotics while I was in the hospital. Also, an anti-inflammatory drip of some sort. 

Jonathan is amazing. He's taking charge of everything and making it easy for me to rest. He helped me take a shower last night, which was much needed. Kids lunches have been made, dishes have been done, and piano lessons have been attended. Today, two of my three kids have school programs. He is going to go with my mom to those. I'm sad to miss them :( But I was able to go watch the dress rehearsals last week. So cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment