Saturday, April 16, 2016

Wierd Dreams

I had the weirdest dream/nightmare last night. I think the horrible delays during my last surgery are putting my brain in a panic. Last time my surgery was scheduled for 3:00. I had a check-in time of 1:30. Because of previous surgeries taking longer than expected, I didn't get back to the OR till 7:30. It was so frustrating and annoying. Plus I was starving and cranky. 

This time, I'm the first surgery of the day, so delays shouldn't be an issue. But in my dream, I ended up waiting 5 hours after I got there, looking for the doctor (who had forgotten about my surgery). Nurses were helping everyone else before me. I was sitting around, feeling helpless, and just wanting my turn! When something is such a long time coming, waiting can be so painful. Then I woke up, before I even got my IV. Ahhhhh! Really hoping things go according to plan this time around. And I know I need more patience. For sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment